Since OpenArena is basically a free version of Quake III, any banner system for Quake III should also work for OpenArena. Example, to add a game banner from GameTracker.com that updates in real time do the following:
- Create a free account at GameTracker.com
- Add your server(s) from this page http://www.gametracker.com/servers/
- If your game server does not have a static address then use the free version of DNS Exit to make your dynamic address behave like a static address.
- Next, select the Game (choose Quake III), and enter the IP and Port information. Note: Your IP can be entered as a URL or the usual IPv4 dotted notation. Finally, press SCAN (you may have to have to do this more than once) for GameTracker to locate your server.
- Any server that you add will show up as a Favorite Server in your GameTracker account. Simply, click the “banner” option and copy and paste the code of the banner you like best to your web site.
Advanced Topic: You can also couple the GameTracker banner with a more advanced STATS program (see the Resources Sections in the Right Sidebar and visit the VSP Stats Generator link).